Pain in the lower back is one of the most widely spread kinds of pain throughout the world. About 80% of adults suffer from it at least sometimes. It happens when they lift heavy loads, overwork physically, are not physically engaged, suffer from obesity, get traumas, and something of that kind. No matter what reason induces this pain, it makes your life inconvenient. Certain cases should be cured by a specialist only.
Some people may say that a therapist is the right specialist to handle this issue. They are correct to a certain extent. The truth is that there are several doctors who can treat some instances of lower back pain.
Which Doctors Help with Pain in the Lower Back?
There are several types of doctors who can handle problems with the lower back. Their capabilities are limited by the severity and kind of pain you feel. Make allowances for the next types:
- Family practice doctors. They offer primary care for the whole family and can treat moderate cases of spinal pain.
- Chiropractors. These types of doctors have no medical degrees. Notwithstanding, they offer primary care. They help with manual manipulation of the spine.
- Doctors of osteopathic medicine. These experts are prepared in all areas. They offer primary treatment of various conditions, including lower back pain cases.
- Pediatricians. These types of physicians deal with children and their health issues.
- Gynecologists. When we mention these physicians, we mean that they can help only women. The reproductive system of females is related to their spine, the experts know how to handle lower back pain, especially during periods.
- Obstetricians. These types of doctors are likewise focused on female treatment and everything related to pregnancy and childbirth. They cure possible back pain in the lower part of the body.
- Internists. These experts specialize in diagnosing and treating various kinds of medical problems. They commonly help when people suffer from various chronic medical conditions, including lower back pain.
As you can see, there are 8 types of doctors (including therapists) who can help you when you suffer from this kind of pain.
What Are the Reasons?
We’d like to finish our article with vital facts about the common factors that induce this sort of pain. These are as follows:
- Injuries from Overexertion;
- Disk Injuries;
- Spinal stenosis;
- Degenerative Spondylolisthesis.
Among other factors are sports traumas, injuries due to various accidents, lifting huge loads, regular physical work with no proper rest, etc. Don’t forget about them to avoid possible health complications.